The L6482 device, realized in analog mixed signal technology, is an advanced fully integrated solution suitable for driving two-phase bipolar stepper motors with microstepping.
It integrates a dual full bridge gate driver for N-channel MOSFET power stages with embedded non dissipative overcurrent protection. Thanks to a new current control, a 1/16 microstepping is achieved through an adaptive decay mode which outperforms traditional implementations. The digital control core can generate user defined motion profiles with acceleration, deceleration, speed or target position easily programmed through a dedicated register set. All application commands and data registers, including those used to set analog values (i.e. current protection trip point, deadtime, PWM frequency, etc.) are sent through a standard 5-Mbit/s SPI. A very rich set of protections (thermal, low bus voltage, overcurrent and motor stall) makes the L6482 device “bullet proof”, as required by the most demanding motor control applications.
- Operating voltage: 7.5 V - 85 V
- Dual full bridge gate driver for N-channel MOSFETs
- Fully programmable gate driving
- Embedded Miller clamp function
- Programmable speed profile
- Up to 1/16 microstepping
- Advanced current control with auto-adaptive decay mode
- Integrated voltage regulators
- SPI interface
- Low quiescent standby currents
- Programmable non dissipative overcurrent protection
- Overtemperature protection