The STC3115 includes the hardware functions required to implement a low-cost gas gauge for battery monitoring. The STC3115 uses current sensing, Coulomb counting and accurate measurements of the battery voltage to estimate the state-of-charge (SOC) of the battery. An internal temperature sensor simplifies implementation of temperature compensation.
An alarm output signals a low SOC condition and can also indicate low battery voltage. The alarm threshold levels are programmable.
The STC3115 offers advanced features to ensure high performance gas gauging in all application conditions.
- OptimGauge™ algorithm
- 0.25% accuracy battery voltage monitoring
- Coulomb counter and voltage-mode gas gauge operations
- Robust initial open-circuit-voltage (OCV) measurement at power up
- Programmable low battery alarm
- Internal temperature sensor
- Battery swap detection
- Low power: 45 μA in power-saving mode, 2 μA max in standby mode
- Micro-sized packages:
- 1.4 x 2.0 mm 10-bump CSP package
- 2.0 x 3.0 mm DFN10 package