The STM32F429/439 lines are designed for medical, industrial and consumer applications where the high level of integration and performance, embedded memories and peripherals inside packages as small as 5 x 5.1 mm are required. The STM32F429/439 lines offer the performance of the Cortex™-M4 core (with floating point unit) running at 180 MHz while reaching lower static power consumption (Stop mode) versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F429/439 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states using ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 260 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 100 µA typical, which is 3 times lower versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Rich connectivity: Superior and innovative peripherals. Just like the STM32F427 line, the STM32F429 line features a rich set of peripherals for connectivity, with new peripherals and features.
- Graphics: The new LCD-TFT controller interface with dual-layer support takes advantage of ST’s Chrom-ART graphics accelerator performing content creation twice as fast as the core alone. As well as raw data copy, additional functionalities are supported by the Chrom-ART Accelerator such as image format conversion or image blending (image mixing with some transparency). As a result, the Chrom-ART Accelerator boosts graphics content creation and saves processing bandwidth of the MCU core for the rest of the application.
- Audio: dedicated audio PLL, 2 full duplex I²S and a new serial audio interface (SAI) supporting time division multiplex (TDM) mode
- More interfaces now available with up to 20 communication interfaces (including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SDIO)
- Analog: two 12-bit DACs, three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in interleaved mode
- Up to 17 timers: 16- and 32-bit running at up to 180 MHz
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible memory controller now reaching up to 90 MHz over up to a 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR and NAND and now SDRAM memories
- The STM32F439 also integrates a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES-128, -192 and -256, with support now for GCM and CCM, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1, and now SHA-2), in addition to the analog true random number generator featured on all STM32F4 devices
Integration: The STM32F429 and STM32F439 portfolio provides from 1-Mbyte dual-bank Flash to2-Mbyte dual-bank Flash, 256-Kbyte SRAM and from 100 to 216 pins in packages as small as 5 x 5.1 mm. With such memory integration, the need for external memory is reduced, allowing smaller, safer and low-emission PCB designs.