STM32 F4 series of high-performance MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The ARM® Cortex®-M4-based STM32 F4 series MCUs leverage ST’s NVM technology and ST’s ART Accelerator™ to reach the industry’s highest benchmark scores for Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with up to 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark executing from Flash memory at up to 180 MHz operating frequency.
With dynamic power scaling, the current consumption running from Flash ranges from 100 µA/MHz on the STM32F411 up to 260 µA/MHz on the STM32F439.
The STM32 F4 series consists of six compatible product lines of digital signal controllers (DSC), a perfect symbiosis of the real-time control capabilities of an MCU and the signal processing performance of a DSP:
- STM32F401 – 84 MHz CPU/105 DMIPS, the smallest, cost-effective solution with outstanding power efficiency
(Dynamic Efficiency Line)
- STM32F411 – 100 MHz CPU/125 DMIPS, outstanding power efficiency with large SRAM and new smart DMA optimizing power consumption for data batching (Dynamic Efficiency Line with Batch Acquisition Mode)
- STM32F405/415 – 168 MHz CPU/210 DMIPS, up to 1 Mbyte of Flash with advanced connectivity and encryption
- STM32F407/417 – 168 MHz CPU/210 DMIPS, up to 1 Mbyte of Flash adding Ethernet MAC and camera interface
- STM32F427/437 – 180 MHz CPU/225 DMIPS, up to 2 Mbytes of dual-bank Flash with SDRAM interface,
Chrom-ART Accelerator™, serial audio interface, more performance and lower static power consumption
- STM32F429/439 – 180 MHz CPU/225 DMIPS, up to 2 Mbytes of dual-bank flash adding an LCD-TFT controller
Software development for STM32 made easy with STM32Cube™
STM32Cube™ is an entirely free tool, providing
STM32CubeMX , a generator of initialization C-code for STM32 MCUs, based on a graphical user interface, and one embedded software library per series of STM32 products, containing the hardware abstraction layer (HAL) for the STM32 peripherals and a set of Middleware (RTOS, USB, TCP/IP, Graphics, …) based on components that are either ST developed or open source
The initialization code and HAL and Middleware library work with all STM32 compilers, the included project examples are set up for IAR, Keil, and the GCC based Atollic IDE.
STM32Cube comes with hundreds of application code examples and supports the STM32 F4, STM32 F3 STM32 F2, STM32 F0 and STM32 L0 Series