The STM32F407/417 lines are designed for medical, industrial and consumer applications where the high level of integration and performance, embedded memories and rich peripheral set inside packages as small as 10 x 10 mm are required.
The STM32F407/417 offers the performance of the Cortex™-M4 core (with floating point unit) running at 168 MHz.
Performance: At 168 MHz, the STM32F407/417 deliver 210 DMIPS/566 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states using ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 238 µA/MHz at 168 MHz.
Rich connectivity: Superior and innovative peripherals: Compared to the STM32F4x5 series, the STM32F407/417 product lines feature Ethernet MAC10/100 with IEEE 1588 v2 support and a 8- to 14-bit parallel camera interface to connect a CMOS camera sensor.
- 2x USB OTG (one with HS support)
- Audio: dedicated audio PLL and 2 full duplex I²S
- Up to 15 communication interfaces (including 6x USARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 3x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C, 2x CAN, SDIO)
- Analog: two 12-bit DACs, three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in interleaved mode
- Up to 17 timers: 16- and 32-bit running at up to 168 MHz
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible static memory controller supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR and NAND memories
- Analog true random number generator
- The STM32F417 also integrates a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES 128, 192, 256, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1)
Integration: The STM32F417x portfolio provides from 512 Kbytes (on WLCSP90 package only) to 1 Mbyte of Flash, 192 Kbytes of SRAM and from 64 to 144 pins in packages as small as 4 x 4.2 mm.
The STM32F407/417 product lines provide from 512 Kbytes to 1 MByte of Flash, 192 Kbytes of SRAM, and from 100 to
176 pins in packages as small as 10 x 10 mm.