The L6474 device, realized in analog mixed signal technology, integrates a dual low RDS(on)DMOS full bridge with all power switches equipped with an accurate on-chip current sensing circuitry suitable for non-dissipative current control and overcurrent protections. Thanks to a new current control, a 1/16 microstepping is achieved through an adaptive decay mode which outperforms traditional implementations.
All data registers, including those used to set analogue values (i.e.: current control value, current protection trip point, deadtime, etc.) are sent through a standard 5 Mbit/s SPI.
A very rich set of protections (thermal, low bus voltage, overcurrent) makes the L6474 device “bullet proof” as required by the most demanding motor control applications.
- Operating voltage: 8 - 45 V
- 7.0 A output peak current (3.0 Ar.m.s. )
- Low RDS(on) power MOSFETs
- Programmable power MOS slew rate
- Up to 1/16 microstepping
- Current control with adaptive decay
- Non-dissipative current sensing
- SPI interface
- Low quiescent and standby currents
- Programmable non-dissipative overcurrent protection on all power MOS
- Two-level overtemperature protection