Based on the advanced and innovative properties of wide bandgap materials, ST’s silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFETs feature very low RDS(on) * area for the 1200 V rating combined with excellent switching performance, translating into more efficient and compact systems. Compared with silicon MOSFETs, SiC MOSFETs exhibit low on-state resistance * area even at high temperatures and excellent switching performances versus the best-in-class 1200 V IGBTs in all temperature ranges, simplifying the thermal design of power electronic systems.
The main features and benefits of our SiC MOSFETs include:
- Very high temperature handling capability (Tj max = 200 °C) leading to reduced PCB form factors (simplified thermal management) as well as improved system reliability
- Significantly reduced switching losses (minimal variation versus temperature) resulting in more compact designs (with smaller passive components)
- Low on-state resistance (80 mΩ typ @ 25 °C) resulting in higher system efficiency (reduced cooling requirements)
- Simple to drive (cost-effective network driving)
- Very fast and robust intrinsic body diode (no need for external freewheeling diode, thus more compact systems)