ST's standard serial EEPROM portfolio offers:
- Industry’s largest memory size - 2 Mbits
- Smallest standard package UFDFPN5
- Smallest and ultrathin WLCSP packages
- A guarantee at 4 million erase/write cycles and 200 years data retention
- The 3 major bus types
- M24 Series I²C up to 2 Mbits, up to 1 MHz bus
- M95 Series SPI, to 2 Mbits, up to 20 MHz bus, Chip Select
- M93 series Microwire up to 16 Kbits
- Miniature packages (WLCSP and ultrathin WLCSP, UFDFPN8, UFDFPN5) and small packages (S08, TSSOP8)
- Operating voltage from 5.5 V to 1.7 V, (even 1.6 V for some parts)
- Specific features
- Lockable Identification Page (I²C or SPI bus),
- Programmable block protection (Microwire bus)
- IBIS and Verilog models are available in Design Resources for Standard Serial EEPROM and Automotive EEPROM
4 ball WLCSP EEPROM designed for tiny Camera modules.
Camera modules for mobile devices follow a path of quick miniaturization while display resolution increases and requires a higher set of parameters to operate efficiently.
The 4-ball WLSCP I2C EEPROM family provides a minimal pin count, footprint and thickness, fitting the most stringent hardware design requirements. In addition, thanks to internally-wired device select code options, the EEPROM for rear and front cameras can share the same I2C bus, providing further module design optimization.
The factory-programmed settings can also be protected when selecting products with the software write-protect instruction.
Manufacturing robustness aspects are also covered with an optional back-side coating.