SEGGER's network software is designed from the ground up for embedded systems. It is renowned for its high-performance and small memory footprint while still providing flexibility and extensibility. It is at the heart of many industrial and IoT applications, and provides support for a wide variety of standard protocols.
emNet has proven its value in numerous customer products and in SEGGER’s own products, such as J-Trace PRO, J-Link PRO, J-Link WiFi, Flasher PRO, Flasher PRO XL and Flasher ARM for almost two decades. More than an IP stack, it is a complete software package designed to meet all network demands including, and especially, the Internet of Things.
By design, emNet supports both internal and external Ethernet MACs (Medium Access Controller), enabling any standard microcontroller to connect to Ethernet. With emNet, even small, ultra low-power microcontrollers with minimal flash memory and no on-chip MAC can be used.
emNet works best with an RTOS to provide efficient and easy to use connection handling. While SEGGER recommends using embOS, support for other RTOSes is available upon request. Using emNet without an RTOS is also possible.
- Easy to use
- Wide variety of upper layer protocols available
- Standard socket API for user applications
- Zero-copy supported for ultra-high performance and efficiency
- Simple compile-time configuration
- Extensive runtime configuration
- IEEE 1588 PTP precision time protocol support
- Works with or without an RTOS
- Outstanding documentation