STM32MP1 microprocessor series from single Arm® Cortex®-A7 up to dual Arm® Cortex®-A7 and Cortex®-M4 cores
A general-purpose microprocessor portfolio enabling easy development for a broad range of applications, the STM32MP1 series has the ability to support multiple and flexible applications, achieving the best performance and power figures at any time.
- The STM32MP1 microprocessor portfolio comes in two main configurations:
- STM32MP13x product line helps optimize the energy consumption and reduce costs while offering certified security for entry level Linux, bare metal or RTOS-based systems.
- STM32MP15x product line offers heterogeneous processing to support Linux and real-time applications.
The STM32MP1 series has been designed to meet the increasing demand for security in Industry 4.0, smart city and smart home applications. Beyond security, the series helps efficiently reduce energy consumption and cost.
The STM32MP1 extensive ecosystem offers many benefits. Developers can leverage OpenSTLinux, an open-source Linux distribution package, as well as the STM32Cube firmware. In addition, developers can access to a wide range of ST tools and ST partner resources, get local support and use global distribution channels.
The STM32MP1 meets a wide range of requirements, addressing the industrial, smart city, smart home, retail, medical, health, and wellness markets.
- Factory Automation/PLC
- Industrial HMI
- Industrial Gateway
- POS Terminals
- Pin pad
- Cash Registers
- Barcode/QR Code readers
- Label/Tag/Fiscal Printers
- Smart Thermostat
- Smart home Gateway
- White goods
- Small Appliances
- Data Concentrator Power grid
- EV charging
- Access Control
- Alarm/Security Control panel
- Home use Medical Devices
- Patient Monitoring
- Patient Diagnostic Devices
- Conferencing Room Equipment
- Asset Tracking
- Vehicle OBD
The STM32MP1 series is available in six different lines, which are, on one hand STM32MP15x pin-to-pin compatible, and on the other hand STM32MP13x pin-to-pin compatible. Each line comes with a security option (cryptography and secure boot).
Discover our portfolio
- Fast and easy porting application software thanks to mainlined open-source Linux distribution with Android support available via partners.
- STM32Cube firmware and embedded software libraries help developers easily get started with the same STM32Cube toolset, including GCC-based IDEs, STM32CubeProgrammer, and STM32CubeMX (DRAM interface tuning tool included for easy configuration of the DRAM subsystem).
- An optional 3D graphics processing unit (GPU) provided for advanced HMI development.
- Rich set of digital and analog peripherals to perform a wider range of tasks, and adaptable to a wide range of applications, improving performance and efficiency.
- Advanced security features with certifications supporting security functions for IoT, industrial, and payment applications.
- Optimized bill of materials (BOM) thanks to high integration, packages compatible with low-cost PCB technologies (down to 4-layer plated-through hole (PTH) PCBs) and a dedicated Power Management IC (PMIC)
- Advanced tools from ST and Partners to evaluate, load, and debug
- An extensive third-party ecosystem
BSP, HAL, middleware components and application packages in source code for development on Arm® Cortex®-M processors.
Dedicated Power-Management IC (PMIC) and ideal companion chip for the STM32MP1 Series in battery-powered applications.
Accelerate your time-to-market with our MPU based discovery kits and evaluation boards.
STM32MP157 running a QT graphics demo developed by KDAB on a 4” 800*480 MIPI-DSI display
Introducing our STM32MP1 microprocessor series with dual Arm® Cortex®-A7 and Cortex®-M4 Cores
STM32MP157C-DK2 running an Embedded Wizard Demo, at 800 x 480 in resolution.