TouchGFX is an advanced free-of-charge graphic software framework optimized for STM32 microcontrollers. Taking advantage of STM32 graphic features and architecture, TouchGFX accelerates the HMI-of-things revolution through the creation of stunning, smartphone-like graphic user interfaces.
The TouchGFX framework includes the TouchGFX Designer (TouchGFXDesigner), an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop-based graphic-building PC tool, and the TouchGFX engine, a powerful and optimized graphic core. TouchGFX makes GUI development easy, combining WYSIWYG simulator and automatic code generation. It covers all steps from early design sketches to exclusive end-products, through quick iterations over finished prototypes.
TouchGFX Designer is available as a standalone software tool, allowing easy and fast graphic evaluation and proof of concept. The TouchGFX framework, including TouchGFX Designer, is distributed within STM32Cube MCU Packages. It is fully compatible with the STM32CubeMX initialization and code generation tool for the seamless co-development of graphic and main application in an unified project environment.
- Structure: easy creation of multiple screen contents and associated transitions
- Widgets: wide selection of customizable widgets, such as a swipe container and cycle progress, for effortless GUI creation
- Set of ready-to-use graphical skins enabling consistent prototyping with no need for a graphical designer
- No restriction to the use of custom graphics
- Interactions: dynamic interactions for the creation of user-friendly applications
- Custom container:
- Creation of custom reusable application control
- Easy platform development with unified look and feel
- Text handling:
- Fonts and typographies specified and managed in one single place
- Full translation service
- Full support of multiple alphabets and scripts such as Latin, Cyrillic, Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese
- Code Generation:
- TouchGFXDesigner generates and maintains performant C++ code
- Tool-generated code entirely separated from user code
- All types of code extensions possible for unique animations as well as system interconnections
- Support of several integrated development environments such as IAR Embedded Workbench, Arm Keil, and GCC-based IDEs