The STA333ML is a single die embedding digital audio processing and high-efficiency power amplification, capable of operating without the aid of an external microcontroller.
The STA333ML is part of the Sound Terminal®family that provides full digital audio streaming to the speakers and offers cost effectiveness, low power dissipation and sound enrichment.
The STA333ML combines a unique 24-bit DDX®digital class-D ternary modulator together with an extremely low RdsONstereo power DMOS stage. The latter is capable of a total output power of 2 x 20 W with outstanding performance in terms of efficiency (>90%), THD, SNR and EMI.
The microless feature allows its use in low-cost applications (cradles, digital speakers, audio terminals) where no microcontroller is needed.
The serial audio data interface accepts the universally used I2S format. Basic features, such as the oversampling clock, gain, and I2S format, can be set using a minimal number of selection pins.
The STA333ML is self-protected against thermal overload, overcurrent, short-circuit and overvoltage conditions.
The fault condition is also signalled on an external pin (INT_LINE) for specific requirements.
- Wide supply voltage range (4.5 - 20 V)
- 2 x 20 W into 8 Ω at VCC= 18 V
- PowerSSO-36 exposed pad package
- 2 channels of 24-bit DDX®
- 100-dB SNR and dynamic range
- Selectable 32 kHz to 48 kHz input sample rates
- Automatic zero-detect mute
- Automatic invalid input detect mute
- 2-channel I2S input data interface
- Selectable clock input ratio (256 or 364 * fs)
- Max power correction for lower full power
- 96 kHz internal processing sample rate, 24-bit precision
- Embedded thermal overload and short-circuit protection
- Filterless configuration option
- Digital speakers
- Wireless speaker cradles
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.