The L9826 is a protected octal low-side driver IC designed for the automotive environment.
The 8 -bit serial peripheral interface (SPI) is able to control the device's eight channels and to provide its load's diagnosis. In addition output 1 and 2 can also be controlled through dedicated input pins NON1 and NON2.
Overcurrent and short-circuit protections are present as well as the output voltage clamping which is able to protect the L9826 during operation with inductive loads.
- 8 channels low side driver with 450 mA output current capability
- Typical RDSON1.5 Ω at TJ = 25 °C
- Parallel control for output 1 and 2
- SPI control on all outputs
- Reset function
- Diagnostic through 8 bit SPI
- Intrinsic output voltage clamping 50 V (Typ) protection for inductive load drive
- Short circuit current limitation and thermal shutdown for outputs 1 and 2
- Overcurrent and short circuit shutdown for outputs 3 to 8
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.