The VND5E012MY-E is a double channel high-side driver manufactured in the STMicroelectronics® VIPower®M0-5 technology and housed in the tiny PowerSSO-36 package. The VND5E012MY-E is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads delivering protection, diagnostics and easy 3 V and 5 V CMOS compatible interface with any microcontroller.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, inrush and overload active management by power limitation, overtemperature shut-off with auto restart and over-voltage active clamp. A dedicated analog current sense pin is associated with every output channel in order to provide Enhanced diagnostic functions including fast detection of overload and short-circuit to ground through power limitation indication and overtemperature indication.
The current sensing and diagnostic feedback of the whole device can be disabled by pulling the CS_DIS pin high to allow sharing of the external sense resistor with other similar devices.
- Inrush current active management by power limitation
- Very low standby current
- 3.0V CMOS compatible inputs
- Optimized electromagnetic emissions
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- In compliance with the 2002/95/EC european directive
- Very low current sense leakage
- Diagnostic functions
- Proportional load current sense
- High current sense precision for wide current range
- Current sense disable
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Overtemperature shutdown with auto restart (thermal shutdown)
- Reverse battery protection with self switch on of the Power MOSFET
- Electrostatic discharge protection
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.