The VND5E025AY-E is a double-channel high-side driver manufactured using STMicroelectronics®proprietary VIPower®M0-5 technology and housed in PowerSSO-36 package. The VND5E025AY-E is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads, and to provide protection and diagnostics. It also implements a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface for use with any microcontroller.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, inrush and overload active management by power limitation, overtemperature shut-off with auto-restart and overvoltage active clamp.
A dedicated analog current sense pin is associated with every output channel providing enhanced diagnostic functions including fast detection of overload and short-circuit to ground through power limitation indication, overtemperature indication, short-circuit to VCCdiagnosis.
The current sensing and diagnostic feedback of the whole device can be disabled by pulling the CS_DIS pin high to share the external sense resistor with similar devices.
- Very low standby current
- 3 V CMOS compatible inputs
- Optimized electromagnetic emissions
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- Compliance with European directive 2002/95/EC
- Very low current sense leakage
- Diagnostic functions
- Proportional load current sense
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Current sense disable
- Thermal shutdown indication
- Output short to VCCdetection
- Over load and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Over voltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Over temperature shutdown with autorestart (thermal shutdown)
- Reverse battery protection with self switch on of the Power MOSFET
- Electrostatic discharge protection
- Inrush current active management by power limitation
RoHS Compliance Grade
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.