The VND5E025BK-E is a double channel high-side driver manufactured in the ST proprietary VIPower™ M0-5 technology and housed in the tiny PowerSSO-24 package. The VND5E025BK-E is designed to drive 12V automotive grounded loads delivering protection, diagnostics and easy 3V and 5V CMOS compatible interface with any microcontroller.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, inrush and overload active management by power limitation, overtemperature shut-off with auto restart and overvoltage active clamp.
A dedicated analog current sense pin is associated with every output channel in order to provide Enhanced diagnostic functions including fast detection of overload and short circuit to ground through power limitation indication and overtemperature indication.
An improved current sense circuitry and the introduction of a new current sense ratio drift, dK/K(tot), allow the "single-point" calibration and ensure a very high accuracy in case of "double-point" calibration.
The current sensing and diagnostic feedback of the whole device can be disabled by pulling the CS_DIS pin high to allow sharing of the external sense resistor with other similar devices.
- Inrush current active management by power limitation
- Very low standby current
- 3.0V CMOS compatible inputs
- Diagnostic functions
- High current sense precision for wide currents range
- Current sense ratio drift for single point calibration
- Current sense disable
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Overtemperature shutdown with auto restart (thermal shutdown)
- Reverse battery protected
- Electrostatic discharge protection
RoHS Compliance Grade
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.