The device is a quad channel high-side driver manufactured using the latest ST proprietary VIPower® technology and housed in a PowerSSO-36 package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface, and to provide protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
A FaultRST pin unlatches the output in case of fault or disables the latch-off functionality.
A dedicated multifunction multiplexed analog output pin delivers sophisticated diagnostic functions such as high precision proportional load current sense, supply voltage feedback and chip temperature sense, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCC and OFF-state open-load.
The device features a dedicated LED Mode.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Quad channel smart high-side driver with MultiSense analog feedback
- LED Mode for channel 0 and 1
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- MultiSense diagnostic functions
- Multiplexed analog feedback of:
- Load current with high precision proportional current mirror;
- VCC supply voltage;
- TCHIP device temperature
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery through self turn-on
- Electrostatic discharge protection
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.