FDA801 is a new BCD technology quad BRIDGE class D amplifier, specially intended for automotive applications.
Thanks to the technology used, it is possible to integrate a high performance D/A converter together with powerful MOSFET outputs in class D, to get an outstanding efficiency compared with the standard class AB.
The integrated D/A converter allows to reach outstanding performances (110 dB S/N ratio with 108 dB of dynamic range). The feedback loop includes the output L-C low-pass filter, allowing superior frequency response linearity and lower distortion independently from the inductor and capacitor quality.
FDA801 is fully configurable through I2C bus interface and integrates a full diagnostics array specially intended for automotive applications. Thanks to the solutions implemented to contain EMI emissions, the device is intended to be used in the standard single DIN car-radio box together with the tuner.
Moreover FDA801 is able to work with power supply as low as 6 V, thus supporting the most recent low voltage ('start-stop') car-makers specification.
- Integrated 110 dB D/A conversion
- I2S and TDM digital input (3.3/1.8 V)
- Input sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Class-D channels with 93% efficiency
- EMI control for AM compatibility
- EMI compliance evaluated following normative IEC61967-4 and IEC62132-4
- Low radiation function (LRF)
- Idle tones free DAC
- Output lowpass filter included in the feedback allowing lower cost filter components
- Max. output power
- High output power capability
- Full I2C bus driving (3.3/1.8 V):
- Channels independent tristate
- Channel independent soft play/mute
- I2C bus diagnostics, including DC and AC load detection
- Integrated fault protection
- Input and output offset detector
- Clipping detector
- ESD protection
- 6 V operation (“Start - Stop” engines compatibility)
- 2 and 1 Ω load driving capability
MWC 2019 eSIM
Power amplifier system for automotive applications
Get started with ST's FDA801 - Best Car Radio ClassD efficiency on the market - 4x50 W class-D digital input power amplifier with I2C diagnostics and low voltage operation