The X-CUBE-ALS expansion software package for STM32Cube runs on the STM32, and includes drivers and sample applications in order to perform simple ambient light sensing, or more complex tasks such as Lux or correlated color temperature (CCT) computation.
The expansion is built on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32 microcontrollers.
The software comes with a sample implementation of the drivers running on the X-NUCLEO-6283A1 expansion boards connected to a featured STM32 Nucleo development board.
- Complete software to build applications using VD6283 ambient light sensor (ALS) with light flicker extraction for X-NUCLEO-6283A1
- Several examples to show the innovative technology for the accurate light sensing capability
- Sample application to transmit real-time sensor data to a PC
- Pre-compiled binaries available on the X-NUCLEO-6283A1 board connected to a featured STM32 Nucleo development board
- Package compatible with STM32CubeMX, can be downloaded from, and installed directly into, STM32CubeMX
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms