STSW-ST25RFAL002 is the implementation of the RF/NFC abstraction layer (RFAL) for the ST25R3916/16B, ST25R3917/17B, ST25R3918, and ST25R3920/20B devices.
The RFAL simplifies the development of applications by encapsulating device and protocol details. It provides a common interface that makes the upper software layers independent from the used device.
The RFAL with the same APIs is available for all ST25R devices, thus simplifying the software efforts when migrating from one device to another.
- Complete middleware to build NFC enabled applications based on ST25R3916/16B, ST25R3917/17B, ST25R3918, and ST25R3920/20B devices
- Supported modes:
- P2P initiator (PCM and ACM)
- P2P target (PCM and ACM)
- Card emulation
- Support of major NFC and proprietary technologies:
- NFC-A (ISO14443A)
- NFC-B (ISO14443B)
- NFC-F (FeliCa™)
- NFC-V (ISO15693)
- P2P (ISO18092)
- ST25TB, Kovio, B’, iClass, Calypso®
- Supported protocols:
- ISO-DEP (ISO data exchange protocol, ISO14443-4)
- NFC-DEP (NFC data exchange protocol, ISO18092)
- Easy portability across different platforms (MCUs/RTOSs/OSs)
- Compliant with main RF/NFC standards:
- NFC Forum
- MISRA C:2012 compliant
- Application examples availability
- Free, user-friendly license terms