The STSW-TTPPFC01 provides a highly sophisticated control for the STEVAL-TTPPFC013-channel interleaved bridgeless totem-pole PFC with resonant ZVS digital control, to boost the conversion efficiency.
The STSW-TTPPFC01 is fully implemented in the STM32G474QET6. It includes: a slow outer voltage loop for the output voltage regulation, a faster inner current loop for the inductor currents control, and an input rectification function for the mains synchronization.
The sophisticated and high performance inner current loop is a hysteresis current control implemented through internal DACs, fast comparators, and the powerful HRTIM peripheral of the STM32G474QET6. Thus, the highest possible bandwidth and cycle-by-cycle regulation are ensured.
The outer voltage loop is performed through a digital PI controller with a fast input and load feedforward. It enhances the PFC dynamic response if a load step or an input voltage variation occurs.
- Zero voltage switching (ZVS) control algorithm for power factor correction (PFC)
- Hysteresis cycle-by-cycle current mode control
- Variable switching frequency
- Three-channel interleaved control with phase shedding
- Output DC bus regulation with input voltage and load feedforwards
- Soft startup, inrush current limiter function, and burst mode operation at light load
- Overcurrent, overvoltage, and overtemperature protections
- Based on the STM32G474QET6 Arm Cortex-M4 MCU and STM32CubeMX architecture