The EVAL-L99SM81VQ is an evaluation board designed to drive one bipolar stepper motor in micro-stepping mode together with coil voltage measurement for stall detection. The evaluation board consists in a motherboard and a daughterboard on which the L99SM81VQ6 is mounted. Both of the evaluation boards provide electronic control modules with enhanced power management power supply functionalities including one standby mode.
The motherboard, based on SPC56 microcontroller, provides the logic section for monitoring and driving the L99SM81VQ6 assembled on the daughterboard.
With the aim of making the board usage and settings simpler, ST provides dedicated user-friendly software with a Graphic User Interface (GUI). This enables the user to set L99SM81VQ6 parameters and at the same time to get real time information from the device, such as voltage measurements, main power supply voltage, fault flags, device junction temperature and much more.
- MOSFET reverse battery protection, with the possibility to replace it with two diodes through a dedicated jumper configuration
- ISO pulse protection (not soldered)
- Normally powered at 12 V through a specific daughterboard connector
- Possibility to solder output capacitors at the motor terminals
- L99SM81VQ6 internal 5 V linear voltage regulator output connector available on the daughterboard
- The motherboard allows selecting the digital power supply of the L99SM81VQ6 between 5 V and 3.3 V through a dedicated jumper
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.