The STEVAL-ILL056V1 is a product evaluation board based on the LED5000, an 850 kHz fixed switching frequency monolithic step-down DC-DC converter designed to operate as a precise constant current source with an adjustable current capability up to 3 A DC. The embedded PWM dimming circuitry features LED brightness control. The regulated output current level is set by connecting a sensing resistor to the feedback pin. The 200 mV typical RSENSE voltage drop enhances performance in terms of efficiency. The size of the overall application is minimized thanks to the high switching frequency and its compatibility with ceramic output capacitors. The device is fully protected against overheating, overcurrent and output short-circuit.
- 5.5 V to 48 V operating input voltage range
- 850 kHz fixed switching frequency
- 200 mV typ. current sense voltage drop
- Buck / buck-boost / floating boost topologies
- PWM dimming
- ±3% output current accuracy over temperature
- 200 mOhm typical RDS(on)
- Peak current mode architecture
- Short-circuit protection
- Compliant with ceramic output capacitors
- Inhibit for zero current consumption
- Thermal shutdown
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.