The STEVAL-SCR001V1 is a low cost evaluation board for testing ST inrush current limitation solutions.
Based on an analog control circuit with only discrete components, it offers a compact and reliable alternative to relays to bypass inrush current limiting resistors in power converters.
Its drive circuit is self-synchronized to the AC line. Working in pulsed mode, it allows low gate drive consumption and no SCR reverse losses. Additionally, the 50 mA SCR TN5015H-6G provides better immunity to Electrical Fast Transients (EFT).
The power supply of the circuit can be created from a secondary winding of a PFC or an auxiliary power supply used to drive transistor and power the system MCU. With no adjustment needed when 12 V unregulated power is supplied, and only 5 wires to connect, this board can be easily implemented on existing PFC or fly-back converters.
It is suitable for applications with peak current up to 5 A (at 60 °C ambient temperature)
- Two high-temperature thyristors (SCR) in D²PAK package to bypass the inrush resistor
- Compact SMD solution: 26 x 26 mm (≈ 1 sq. in)
- Simple drive circuit: 2 low voltage transistors and 7 resistors (no MCU)
- Requires an unregulated power supply (12 V typ.; created from a secondary winding)
- Compatible with PFC and fly-back converter
- Suitable for applications from 50 W up to 800 W (230 VRMS, TAMB = 60 °C)
- Input voltage range: 90-265 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Robust and immune (2 kV IEC 61000-4-5, 2.5 kV IEC 61000-4-4) and low EMI noise (EN55014) solution
- RoHS compliant
Recommended for you
Home and Professional Appliances
電源 & コンバータ
|製品型番||Marketing Status||パッケージ||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.