The ST485ERB is a low-power transceiver for RS-485 and RS-422 communication. Each driver output and receiver input is protected against ±15 kV electrostatic discharge (HBM) ± 8 kV (IEC-1000-4-2 contact discharge) shocks, without latch-up. These parts contain one driver and one receiver.
This transceiver draws 300 µA (typ.) of supply current when unloaded or fully loaded with disabled drivers.
It operates from a single 5 V supply.
The driver is a short-circuit current which is limited and protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that places the driver outputs into a high-impedance state.
The ST485ERB is designed for bi-directional data communication on multipoint bus transmission lines (half-duplex applications).
- Low quiescent current: 300 µA
- Designed for RS-485 interface applications
- - 7 V to 12 V common mode input voltage range
- Driver maintains high impedance in 3-state or with the power OFF
- 70 mV typical input hysteresis
- 30 ns propagation delay, 5 ns skew
- Operates from a single 5 V supply
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection
- ESD protection:
- ± 15 kV (HBM)
- ± 8 kV (IEC-1000-4-2 contact discharge)
- Allows up to 64 transceivers on the bus
Recommended for you
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.