The ST8024 is a complete low cost analog interface for asynchronous 3 V and 5 V smart cards. It can be placed between the card and the microcontroller with few external components to perform all supply protection and control functions. ST8024 is a direct replacement of ST8004.
Main applications are: smartcard readers for settop- box, IC card readers for banking, identification, pay TV.
- 26 MHz integrated crystal oscillator
- Enhanced ESD protection on card side (> 6 kV)
- Non-inverted control of RST via pin RSTIN
- Clock generation for cards up to 20 MHz (divided by 1, 2, 4 or 8 through CLKDIV1 and CLKDIV2 signals) with synchronous frequency changes
- Supply supervisor for spike-killing during power-on and power-off and power-on reset (threshold fixed internally or externally by a resistor bridge)
- ISO 7816, GSM11.11 and EMV (payment systems) compatibility
- One multiplexed status signal off
- Built-in debounce on card presence contacts
- Thermal and short-circuit protection on all card contacts
- 3 or 5 V ± 5 % regulated card supply voltage (VCC) with appropriate decoupling has the following capabilities:
Icc < 80 mA at VDDP = 4 to 6.5 V Handles current spikes of 40 nA up to 20 MHz Controls rise and fall times Filtered overload detection at approximately 120 mA
- Designed to be compatible with the NDS conditional access system
- 3 or 5 V supply for the IC (VDD and GND)
- IC card interface
- DC-DC converter for VCC generation separately powered from a 5 V ± 20% supply (VDDP and PGND)
- Automatic activation and deactivation sequences; initiated by software or by hardware in the event of a short-circuit, card take-off, overheating, VDD or VDDP drop-out
- Three specifically protected half-duplex bidirectional buffered I/O lines to card contacts C4, C7 and C8
|TSSOP28 9.7 x 4.4||インダストリアル||Ecopack3|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.