The ST8034HN and ST8034HC devices are complete low-cost analog interfaces for asynchronous and synchronous smartcards operating at a supply voltage of 5 V, 3 V or 1.8 V. The ST8034HN and ST8034HC devices can be placed between the card and the microcontroller to provide all supply, protection, detection and control functions, with just a few external components.
- Complete smartcard interface
- ISO 7816, NDS and EMV 4.3 payment systems compatible
- Three protected half-duplex bidirectional buffered I/O lines to the smartcard
- 5 V, 3 V or 1.8 V supply voltage for the smartcard (VCC), pin-selectable. Ensures controlled VCCrise and fall times and provides smart overload detection with glitch immunity.
- Very low power consumption in deep shutdown mode
- Chip select function allows the device interface to be isolated from the microcontroller signals - allows parallel combination of the card interface devices (ST8034HC)
- Card clock generation by integrated crystal oscillator or from external clock source
- Card clock frequency up to 20 MHz, programmable by CLKDIV1 and CLKDIV2 pins (ST8034HN) or by CLKDIV pin (ST8034HC), with synchronous frequency changes
- Automatic activation and deactivation sequences initiated by the microcontroller
- Emergency deactivation sequences initiated by a card supply short-circuit, card take-off, falling VDD, VDDP, or VDD(INTF)or by the interface device overheating
- Voltage supply supervisors
- with a fixed threshold (VDD, VDDP)
- with an external resistor divider to set the VDD(INTF)threshold (PORADJ pin)
- Multipurpose card status signalOFF
- Non-inverted card reset pin RST driven by the RSTIN input
- Thermal and short-circuit protection of all card contacts
- Card presence detection contacts debounced
- Enhanced card side ESD protection of 8 kV
- Space saving QFN24 4 x 4 x 0.8 mm package
- Temperature range -25 to +85 °C
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.