The M48Z58/Y ZEROPOWER®RAM is an 8 Kbit x 8 non-volatile static RAM that integrates power-fail deselect circuitry and battery control logic on a single die. The monolithic chip is available in two special packages to provide a highly integrated battery-backed memory solution.
The M48Z58/Y is a non-volatile pin and function equivalent to any JEDEC standard 8 K x 8 SRAM. It also easily fits into many ROM, EPROM, and EEPROM sockets, providing the non-volatility of PROMs without any requirement for special WRITE timing or limitations on the number of WRITEs that can be performed.
The 28-pin, 600 mil DIP CAPHAT™houses the M48Z58/Y silicon with a long life lithium button cell in a single package.
The 28-pin, 330 mil SOIC provides sockets with gold plated contacts at both ends for direct connection to a separate SNAPHAT®housing containing the battery. The unique design allows the SNAPHAT battery package to be mounted on top of the SOIC package after the completion of the surface mount process. Insertion of the SNAPHAT housing after reflow prevents potential battery damage due to the high temperatures required for device surface-mounting. The SNAPHAT housing is keyed to prevent reverse insertion.
The SOIC and battery packages are shipped separately in plastic anti-static tubes or in tape & reel form.
For the 28-lead SOIC, the battery package (e.g., SNAPHAT) part number is “M4Z28-BR00SH1”.
- Integrated, ultra low power SRAM, power-fail control circuit, and battery
- READ cycle time equals WRITE cycle time
- Automatic power-fail chip deselect and WRITE protection
- WRITE protect voltages: (VPFD= power-fail deselect voltage)
- M48Z58: VCC= 4.75 to 5.5 V; 4.5 V ≤ VPFD≤ 4.75 V
- M48Z58Y: VCC= 4.5 to 5.5 V; 4.2 V ≤ VPFD≤ 4.5 V
- Self-contained battery in the CAPHAT™DIP package
- Packaging includes a 28-lead SOIC and SNAPHAT®top (to be ordered separately)
- SOIC package provides direct connection for a SNAPHAT®top which contains the battery
- Pin and function compatible with JEDEC standard 8 Kbit x 8 SRAMs
- RoHS compliant
- Lead-free second level interconnect
|PDIP 28 .7||インダストリアル||Ecopack1|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.