The I-CUBE-NETX software expansion contains a middleware API component, called cifX API. It eases access to a netX companion chip for Real-time Ethernet protocols.
The cifX middleware component API is internally based on a generic cifX toolkit.
The netX system-on-chip (SoC) operates as an independent and flexible communication controller, beside the STM32 host microcontroller. Industrial protocols like PROFINET®, EtherCAT®, Ethernet/IP™, POWERLINK, Sercos® III, and many others are supported by different netX firmware binaries, stored in a serial Flash.
Data exchange between the STM32 application MCU and the netX protocol execution controller is performed via a dual port memory. Both chips are physically connected by a serial (SPI) or flexible parallel interface.
This STM32Cube extension features API functions to exchange cyclic process data between the network and the application, as well as acyclic mailbox packets.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to STMicroelectronics. For the latest information on the specification and the package of the purchased part, refer to the third party website www.hilscher.com.
- Generic API for all protocol stacks from Hilscher
- Application examples for PROFINET®, Ethernet/IP™ and EtherCAT®
- Requires a netX companion chip beside the STM32 microcontroller
- Ready to work with netSHIELD expansion board for STM32 Nucleo-64 and Nucleo-144
- Configured for SPI connection between STM32 MCU and netX companion chip
- Can be adapted to parallel interface