This is a complete solution for controlling a variable-speed 3-phase BLDC compressor motor used in refrigeration systems, air compressors, air conditioning units and more.
Built around a system-in-package, this highly energy-efficient solution offers the highest integration as well as full protection and higher performance (2-shunt version) with respect to other solutions on the market.
At the heart of this three-phase inverter solution is the STSPIN32F0601 controller which embeds a Mainstream STM32F031 Access line microcontroller, a 600 V 3-phase gate driver powered by a high-performance VIPER122 high-voltage converter in a buck configuration and an L78L33 three-terminal positive voltage regulator.
The power section is implemented through a high-speed STGD5H60DF trench-gate, field-stop IGBT for further optimization.
This extremely integrated solution helps designers to reduce PCB area and their overall bill of materials.
STSPIN32F0601 - Motor Controller
- Extremely integrated solution
- STM32F031x6x7 microcontroller featuring an ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M0 CPU
- 21 general-purpose I/O ports (GPIO)
- Smart shutdown (smartSD) function
- Extended temperature range: -40 to +125 °C
STGD5H60DF - High-Speed IGBT
- High-speed switching
- Tight parameter distribution
- Safe paralleling
- Low thermal resistance
- Very low stand-by power consumption and over current and under voltage protections
- Inverter power stage based on STGD5H60DF IGBTs rated at 600 V and 5 A
- Equipped with proven sensorless field-oriented control (FOC) firmware in one-shunt or 2+1 shunt topology
- Low stand-by power consumption (<300 mW)
- Able to drive motors up to 250 W