Video Conferencing Privacy Notice for Hopin Platform
What this Privacy Notice covers?
How STMicroelectronics (we) process the personal information of participants when participating to a video conference organized by STMicroelectronics.
Who is the legal entity providing the video conferencing services?
We have retained the services of Hopin ltd, a company organized and existing company under the laws of England and Wales (“Hopin”), to enable the video conferencing.
We are the controller of the (a) event content (i.e., includes materials submitted in the course of creating an event, as well as any personal data embedded in your event related contents, such as recordings of events, materials you stream during the event, attendee chat transcripts, and other information and materials submitted to or during an Hopin event) and (b) your personal information when you attend an Hopin event (i.e., an online or hybrid event delivered through the Hopin platform), such as image; email address; first and last name; alias; and any additional information provided independently by you in connection with customer events on the Hopin platform.
Hopin Events is cloud-based and hosted by Amazon AWS.
To participate to a video conferencing, you will be invited to provide personal information such as image; email address; first and last name; alias; and any additional information you choose to share.
- A meeting password is required for all meeting. • Note, the password is embedded in the meeting link, so clicking the link invitation will take you directly to the meeting.
- Screen sharing is enabled only for the host. The host can grant screen sharing rights to other participants if he/she decides to do so.
- Possibility for participants to join before meeting starts is not possible.
- Meeting recording authorization is required. Hosts must request approval from participants before recording meetings.
- Muting by default. Participants will be automatically muted by when they enter a meeting. The host will unmute participants.
General security recommendations
- Avoid sharing a video conferencing URLs in social media or public forums.
- Avoid joining a video conferencing URLs in social media or public forums.
- Avoid joining a video conferencing from a public WIFI without using a VPN to secure your communications.
- Before sharing a print screen of your meeting, verify that the meeting id is not displayed on the image.
Your rights and Questions If you want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have any questions about how your personal information is processed, please contact our Data Privacy team by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.