STM32Cube is an STMicroelectronics original initiative to significantly improve developer productivity by reducing development effort, time and cost. STM32Cube covers the whole STM32 portfolio.
STM32Cube includes STM32CubeMX, a graphical software configuration tool that allows the generation of C initialization code using graphical wizards.
It also comprises the STM32CubeL5 MCU Package composed of the STM32Cube hardware abstraction layer (HAL) and the low-layer (LL) APIs, plus a consistent set of middleware components (USB Device, USB Power Delivery, mbedTLS, mbed Crypto, touch library, FAT file system, RTOS and TF‑M). All embedded software utilities are delivered with a full set of examples running on STMicroelectronics boards.
The STM32Cube HAL is an STM32 embedded software layer that ensures maximized portability across the STM32 portfolio, while the LL APIs make up a fast, light-weight, expert-oriented layer which is closer to the hardware than the HAL. HAL and LL APIs can be used simultaneously with a few restrictions.
Both the HAL and LL APIs are production-ready and have been developed in compliance with CodeSonar®, MISRA C®:2012 guidelines and ISO/TS 16949. Furthermore, STMicroelectronics specific validation processes add a deeper-level qualification. Reports are available on demand.
STM32CubeL5 gathers in one single package all the generic embedded software components required to develop an application on STM32L5 microcontrollers. Following STM32Cube initiative, this set of components is highly portable to other STM32 Series. In addition, the low-layer APIs provide an alternative, high-performance, low-footprint solution to the STM32CubeL5 HAL at the cost of portability and simplicity.
HAL and LL APIs are available in open-source BSD license for user convenience.
STM32L5 devices support Arm® PSA security model. A Trusted Firmware M (TF-M) reference code is provided within STM32Cube to implement the following security functions: Secure Boot, Secure Firmware Update, secure storage, resource isolation, secure execution, cryptographic engine and software IP protection.
- Consistent and complete embedded software that provides hardware abstraction to easily develop end-user firmware
- Maximized portability between all STM32 series supported by STM32Cube
- More than 300 examples and applications for easy understanding, all compatible with STM32CubeMX to facilitate the configuration through a graphical tool.
- Production–ready HAL and LL API drivers, checked with CodeSonar® static analysis tool and developed in compliance with MISRA C® guidelines and ISO/TS 16949 standard for automotive quality management
- CMSIS CORE, DSP and RTOS software components
- STM32L5 dedicated middleware including USB Device, USB Power Delivery, mbedTLS, mbed Crypto, touch library, FAT file system, RTOS and TF‑M
- Free-of-charge, user-friendly license terms
- Update mechanism with new-release notification capability
|製品型番||概要||Software Version||サプライヤ||GitHub link||ダウンロード||以前のバージョン|
|STM32CubeL5||STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32L5 series||1.2.0||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Rich by its features-set, STM32CubeMX is changing its skin today to provide to the developers an improved access to the Pinout, Peripherals and Middlewares parameters to ease the configuration and optimized the project development time. This new look is also standardizing the User Interface of the different Software Development Tools of the STM32Cube ecosystem.