With STM32Cube, STMicroelectronics provides a comprehensive software tool, significantly reducing development efforts, time and cost.
STM32Cube consists of (usable together or independently):
- The STM32CubeMX, featuring:
- Configuration C code generation for pin multiplexing, clock tree, peripherals and middleware setup with graphical wizards
- Generation of IDE ready projects for a integrated development environment tool chains
- Power consumption calculation for a user-defined application sequence
- Direct import of STM32 Cube embedded software libraries from st.com
- Integrated updater to keep STM32CubeMX up-to-date
- STM32Cube MCU Package including:
- The HAL hardware abstraction layer, enabling portability between different STM32 devices via standardized API calls
- The Low-Layer (LL) APIs, a light-weight, optimized, expert oriented set of APIs designed for both performance and runtime efficiency
- A collection of Middleware components, like RTOS, USB library, file system, TCP/IP stack, Touch sensing library or Graphic Library (depending on the MCU series)
STM32CubeMX is part of the STM32Cube initiative designed to simplify and accelerate the development of applications for STM32 microcontrollers. STM32CubeMX offers the possibility to generate C projects using embedded software offers packages like CMSIS-Pack compliant software packs. Starting with the 6.0.0 revision, STM32CubeMX is delivered with STM32PackCreator, an STM32 pack creation graphical companion tool, whose main purpose is the creation of software packs.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.