The low-density STM8L151x2/3 ultra-low-power devices feature an enhanced STM8 CPU core providing increased processing power (up to 16 MIPS at 16 MHz) while maintaining the advantages of a CISC architecture with improved code density, a 24-bit linear addressing space and an optimized architecture for low power operations.
The family includes an integrated debug module with a hardware interface (SWIM) which allows non-intrusive in-application debugging and ultrafast Flash programming.
All low-density STM8L151x2/3 microcontrollers feature embedded data EEPROM and low-power low-voltage single-supply program Flash memory.
The devices incorporate an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals, a 12-bit ADC, two comparators, a real-time clock, two 16-bit timers, one 8-bit timer, as well as standard communication interfaces such as an SPI, an I2C interface, and one USART. The modular design of the peripheral set allows the same peripherals to be found in different ST microcontroller families including 32-bit families. This makes any transition to a different family very easy, and simplified even more by the use of a common set of development tools.
- Operating conditions
- Operating power supply: 1.65 to 3.6 V (without BOR), 1.8 to 3.6 V (with BOR)
- Temperature range: -40 to 85 or 125 °C
- Low power features
- 5 low-power modes: Wait, Low power run, Low-power wait, Active-halt with RTC, Halt
- Ultra-low leakage per I/0: 50 nA
- Fast wakeup from Halt: 5 μs
- Advanced STM8 core
- Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Max freq: 16 MHz, 16 CISC MIPS peak
- Up to 40 external interrupt sources
- Reset and supply management
- Low-power, ultra safe BOR reset with 5 selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- Clock management
- 32 kHz and 1-16 MHz crystal oscillators
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC
- Internal 38 kHz low consumption RC
- Clock security system
- Low power RTC
- BCD calendar with alarm interrupt
- Digital calibration with +/- 0.5 ppm accuracy
- LSE security system
- Auto-wakeup from Halt w/ periodic interrupt
- Up to 8 Kbyte of Flash program memory plus 256 byte of data EEPROM with ECC
- Flexible write/read protection modes
- 1 Kbyte of RAM
- 4 channels supporting ADC, SPI, I2C, USART, timers
- 1 channel for memory-to-memory
- 12-bit ADC up to 1 Msps/28 channels
- Temp. sensor and internal ref. voltage
- 2 ultra-low-power comparators
- 1 with fixed threshold and 1 rail to rail
- Wakeup capability
- Two 16-bit timers with 2 channels (IC, OC, PWM), quadrature encoder (TIM2, TIM3)
- One 8-bit timer with 7-bit prescaler (TIM4)
- 1 Window and 1 independent watchdog
- Beeper timer with 1, 2 or 4 kHz frequencies
- Communication interfaces
- One synchronous serial interface (SPI)
- Fast I2C 400 kHz
- One USART
- Up to 41 I/Os, all mappable on interrupt vectors
- Up to 20 capacitive sensing channels supporting touchkey, proximity touch, linear touch, and rotary touch sensors
- Development support
- Fast on-chip programming and non-intrusive debugging with SWIM
- Bootloader using USART
- 96-bit unique ID
- Operating conditions
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
Learn the basics of our STM8L series of ultra-low-power microcontrollers !
Get started with ST MCU Finder, the best way to explore the complete portfolio of STM32 ARM® Cortex®-M and STM8 microcontrollers now directly from Windows, Linux or Mac computers.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|UFQFPN 32 5x5x0.55||インダストリアル||Ecopack2|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.