The L5970AD is a step down monolithic power switching regulator with a switch current limit of 1.5A so it is able to deliver more than 1A DC current to the load depending on the application conditions.
The output voltage can be set from 1.235V to 35V.
The device uses an internal P-Channel D-MOS transistor (with a typical RDSON of 200mΩ) as switching element to avoid the use of bootstrap capacitor and guarantee high efficiency.
An internal oscillator fixes the switching frequency at 500KHz to minimize the size of external components. Having a minimum input voltage of 4.4V only, it is particularly suitable for 5V bus, available in all computer related applications.
Pulse by pulse current limit with the internal frequency modulation offers an effective constant current short circuit protection.
- INHIBIT FOR ZERO CURRENT CONSUMPTION
- INTERNAL CURRENT LIMITING
- PROTECTION AGAINST FEEDBACK DISCONNECTION
- THERMAL SHUTDOWN
- VOLTAGE FEEDFORWARD
- 500KHz INTERNALLY FIXED FREQUENCY
- 1.5A INTERNAL SWITCH
- 3.3V / (±2%) REFERENCE VOLTAGE
- OPERATING INPUT VOLTAGE FROM 4.4V TO 36V
- LOW DROPOUT OPERATION: 100% DUTY CYCLE
- ZERO LOAD CURRENT OPERATION
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE ADJUSTABLE FROM 1.235V TO 35V
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.