The LD1084 is a low-drop voltage regulator providing up to 5 A of output current. Dropout is guaranteed at a maximum of 1.5 V at the maximum output current, decreasing at lower loads. The LD1084 is pin-to-pin compatible with the older 3-terminal adjustable regulators, but it has better performances in terms of drop and output tolerance.
Unlike PNP regulators, where a part of the output current is wasted as quiescent current, the LD1084 quiescent current flows into the load, so to increase the efficiency. A minimum capacitor of 10 μF is needed for stability.
The device is supplied in TO-220. The on-chip trimming allows the regulator to reach a very tight output voltage tolerance, within ± 1% at 25 °C.
- Typical dropout 1.3 V (at 5 A)
- Three-terminal adjustable output voltage
- Guaranteed output current up to 5 A
- Output tolerance ± 1% at 25 °C and ± 2% in full temperature range
- Internal power and thermal limit
- Wide operating temperature range -40 °C to 125 °C
- Package available: TO-220
- Pinout compatibility with standard adjustable VREG
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.