The ST8R00 is a synchronous PWM step-up DC-DC converter. The device is able to provide an output voltage in the range of 6 to 12 V with an input voltage from 4 to 6 V. The high switching frequency (1.7 MHz) permits the use of tiny surface-mount components. In addition to the resistor divider to set the output voltage value, only an inductor and two capacitors are required. Moreover, a low output ripple is guaranteed by the current mode PWM topology and by the use of low ESR SMD ceramic capacitors. The device is available in a very small DFN8 (4 x 4 mm) package.
- Output voltage adjustable from 6 V to 12 V
- Output voltage accuracy: ± 2%
- Output current up to 1 A
- Low ripple voltage: 5 mV (typ.)
- Synchronous rectification
- High 90% efficiency: VO= 9 V (typ.)
- Few external components
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Very small DFN8 (4 x 4 mm) package
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.