The TDE1798 is an interface circuit delivering high currents and capable of driving any type of loads.
The output is protected from short-circuits withthe positive supply or ground. In addition thermal shut down is provided to keep the IC from overheating.If internal dissipation becomes too high,the driver will shut down to prevent excessive heating. The output stays null after the overload is off, if the reset input is low. If high, the output will alternatively switch on and off until the overload is removed.
Higher current can be obtained by paralleling the outputs of several devices. In this case, the device scan be reactivated simultaneously after an over load if their reset input are connected in parallel.
The device operates over a wide range of supply voltages from standard ±15 operational amplifier supplies to the single ±6V or +35V used for industrial electronic systems. Input voltage can be higher than the VCC. The output is low in open ground conditions.
- NO NEED FOR EXTERNAL CLAMPING DI-ODE FOR DEMAGNETIZATION ENERGY UP TO 150mJ
- SINK AND SOURCE ALARM OUTPUTS
- SEVERAL DEVICES CAN BE CONNECTED IN PARALLEL
- INPUT VOLTAGE CAN BE HIGHER THAN VCC
- DIFFERENTIAL INPUTS FOR ANY LOGIC SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY
- HIGH OUTPUT CURRENT 500mA
- INTERNAL THERMAL PROTECTION WITH EXTERNAL RESET AND SYNCRONIZATION CAPABILITY
- SHORT-CIRCUIT PROTECTION UP TO VCC = +35V
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE CAN BE LOWER THAN GROUND FOR FAST INDUCTIVE LOAD DEMAGNETIZATION
- LARGE SUPPLY VOLTAGE RANGE FROM 6V TO 35V
- OPEN GROUND PROTECTION
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.