The STPW12 is an integrated electronic power breaker, optimized to monitor the input power.
Connected in series to the power rail, it is able to disconnect the electronic circuitry on its output if the power consumption overcomes the programmed limit. When this happens, the device automatically opens the integrated power switch and disconnects the load.
The intervention of the protection is communicated to the board monitoring circuits through a signal on the fault pin.
After a certain delay time, programmable by the user, the device automatically tries again to close the internal switch and re-connect the load.
A dedicated monitor pin provides the user with continuous information on the monitored power.
The device can be enabled/disabled through a dedicated pin, and a direct PWM mode can be implemented providing PWM pin with an external signal.
- Real-time input power sensing
- Input voltage range: from 10.5 V to 18 V
- Continuous current typ.: 1.5 A
- P-channel on resistance typ.: 50 mΩ
- Power limit accuracy typ.: 3%
- Undervoltage lockout
- Adjustable power limitation
- PWM mode
- Programmable power limit masking time
- Programmable auto-retry delay
- Thermal shutdown
- Enable function
- Short-circuit current limit
- Operative junction temp. - 40 °C to 125 °C
- Available in power SO8 package
- Simplifies UL compliance and certification
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.