FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 is an STM32Cube function pack, which lets you connect your IoT node to a smartphone via Bluetooth® Low Energy and use a suitable Android™ or iOS™ application, like the STBLESensor app, to view real-time environmental sensor data, motion sensor data, digital microphone levels, and battery level.
The package also enables advanced functions such as voice communication over Bluetooth® Low Energy, sound source localization, and acoustic beam forming using inputs from multiple microphones, as well as sensor data fusion and accelerometer-based real-time activity recognition, carry position, gesture recognition, motion intensity recognition, audio data logging, and MEMS sensor data logging on an SD card.
Moreover, it provides real-time information about the user current pose based on data from a device, working mode (sitting/standing desk position), the device tilt angles, the repetitions of various fitness activities performed and the vertical movement.
This package, together with the suggested combination of STM32 and ST devices, can be used to develop specific wearable applications, or smart things applications in general.
The software runs on the STM32 microcontroller and includes all the necessary drivers to recognize the devices on the STM32 Nucleo development board and expansion boards, as well as on the STEVAL-BCNKT01V1, STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1, and STEVAL-STLKT01V1 evaluation boards.
The software is also available on GitHub, where the users can signal bugs and propose new ideas through Issues and Pull requests tabs.
- Complete firmware to develop an IoT node with Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, digital microphone, environmental, and motion sensors
- Middleware libraries for sensor data fusion, accelerometer-based real-time activity recognition, carry position, gesture recognition, motion intensity recognition, user current pose recognition, working mode recognition, tilt angles evaluation, vertical movement detection, fitness activities quantity repetition, acoustic source localization and beam forming, audio processing and streaming over Bluetooth® Low Energy communication profile, SD card data logging
- Compatible with STBLESensor application for Android/iOS, to perform sensor data reading, audio and motion algorithm feature demo, and firmware update over the air (FOTA)
- Sample implementation available for STEVAL-BCNKT01V1, STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 and STEVAL-STLKT01V1 board and for X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2, X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 (or X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2) and X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 connected to a NUCLEO-F446RE or NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG board
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms