The ST25R3916 is a high performance NFC universal device supporting NFC initiator, NFC target, NFC reader and NFC card emulation modes.
The ST25R3916 includes an advanced analog front end (AFE) and a highly integrated data framing system for ISO 18092 passive and active initiator, ISO 18092 passive and active target, NFC-A/B (ISO 14443A/B) reader including higher bit rates, NFC-F (FeliCa™) reader, NFC-V (ISO 15693) reader up to 53 kbps, NFC-A and NFC-F card emulation and NFC-A and NFC-F card emulation.
Special stream and transparent modes of the AFE and framing system can be used to implement other custom protocols such as MIFARE® Classic in reader or card emulation mode.
The ST25R3916 features high RF output power to directly drive antennas at high efficiency.
The ST25R3916 also includes several features, which make it incomparable for low power applications. It contains a low power capacitive sensor to detect the presence of a card without switching on the reader field. Additionally, the presence of a card can still be detected by performing a measurement of the amplitude or phase of the antenna signal. It also contains a low power RC oscillator and wake-up timer to automatically wake-up the ST25R3916 after a selected time period and check for a presence of a tag using one or more techniques of low power detection of card presence (capacitive, phase or amplitude).
The ST25R3916 is designed to operate from a wide power supply range (from 2.4 to 5.5 V), and a wide peripheral IO voltage range (from 1.65 to 5.5 V).
Due to this combination of high RF output power, low power modes, and wide supply range the ST25R3916 is perfectly suited for infrastructure NFC applications.
- Operating modes
- Card emulation
- Active and passive peer to peer
- RF communication
- NFC-A / ISO14443A up to 848 kbit/s
- NFC-B / ISO14443B up to 848 kbit/s
- NFC-F / Felica™ up to 424 kbit/s
- NFC-V / ISO15693 up to 53 kb/s
- NFC-A / ISO14443A and NFC-F / FeliCa™ card emulation
- Active and passive peer to peer initiator and target modes, up to 424 kbit/s
- Low level modes to implement MIFARE® Classic compliant or other custom protocols
- Hardware features
- Dynamic power output (DPO) controls the field strength to stay within given limits
- Active wave shaping (AWS) reduces over-and under-shoots
- Noise suppression receiver (NSR) allows reception in noisy environment
- Automatic antenna tuning (AAT) via variable capacitor
- Integrated EMVCo compliant EMD handling
- Automatic gain control and squelch feature to maximize SNR
- Low power capacitive and inductive card detection
- Low power NFC active and passive target modes
- Adjustable ASK modulation depth, from 5 to 40%
- Integrated regulators to boost system PSRR
- AM/PM and I/Q demodulator with baseband channel summation or automatic channel selection
- Possibility to drive two independent single ended antennas
- Measurement of antenna voltage amplitude and phase, RSSI, on-chip supply and regulated voltages
- External communication interfaces
- 512 byte FIFO
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI) up to 10 Mbit/s
- I2C with up to 400 kbit/s in Fast-mode, 1 Mbit/s in Fast-mode Plus, and 3.4 Mbit/s in High-speed mode
- Electrical characteristics
- Wide supply voltage range, from 2.4 to 5.5 V
- Wide peripheral communication supply range, from 1.65 to 5.5 V
- Wide temperature range, from -40 to +125 °C
- Quartz oscillator capable of operating with 27.12 MHz crystal with fast start-up
- Operating modes
Discover our full range of RFID NFC readers with multiprotocol support for 13.56 MHz, such as ISO 14443 Type A or B, ISO 15693, ISO 18092, ISO 18000-62/63, ISO 29143, FeliCa and NFC Forum protocols.
|VFQFPN 5X5X1 32L WETTABLE FLANKS||インダストリアル||Ecopack2||
|WLCSP 36B DIE3916 P05 MM||インダストリアル||Ecopack2||
Package:VFQFPN 5X5X1 32L WETTABLE FLANKS
VFQFPN 5X5X1 32L WETTABLE FLANKS
RoHS Compliance Grade
Package:WLCSP 36B DIE3916 P05 MM
WLCSP 36B DIE3916 P05 MM
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.