RT-Thread is mainly written in C language, easy to understand, and has great portability that supports quickly porting to a variety of mainstream MCUs and module chips. RT-Thread applies object-oriented design method to the real-time system, which helps to build the elegant code, clear architecture, highly modularized system, as well as easy to tailor.
RT-Thread has a Standard version and Nano version.
- For resource-constrained microcontroller(MCU) systems, developers can tailor a Nano kernel that requires only 3KB Flash, 1.2KB RAM through the easy-to-use tools.
- For resource-rich IoT devices, RT-Thread Standard version is recommended, which enables intuitive and fast modular tailoring through the online package management tools and system configuration tools, and the standard version can seamlessly import a wealth of software package, to achieve android-like graphical interface and touch sliding effects, smart voice interaction effects and other more complex functions.
- Designed for resource-constrained devices, the minimum kernel requires only 1.2KB of RAM and 3 KB of Flash.
- Has rich components and a prosperous and fast growing package ecosystem.
- Elegant code style, easy to use, read and master.
- High Scalability. RT-Thread has high-quality scalable software architecture, loose coupling, modularity, is easy to tailor and expand.
- Supports high-performance applications.
- Supports cross-platform and a wide range of chips.