- 60° x 60° square field of view (FoV) (90° diagonal)
- Multizone ranging output with either 4x4 or 8x8 separate zones
- Autonomous Low-power mode
- Up to 350 cm ranging
90°のFoVを備えた8 x 8マルチゾーン対応のToF測距センサ
Fast and accurate multizone distance ranging sensor with 90° wide FoV
Specially designed for applications requiring an ultrawide FoV, the VL53L7CX Time-of-Flight sensor offers a 90° diagonal FoV (60° x 60° square FoV). Based on the world's first optical metasurface technology, the VL53L7CX provides a matrix of 8x8 zones (64 zones) and can work at fast speeds (60 Hz) up to 350 cm.
The VL53L7CX is the perfect sensor for any application requiring ultrawide FoV like robotics, smart speakers, video projectors, content management. The combination of the multizone capability and the 90° FoV can enhance new use-cases like gesture recognition, SLAM for robotics, and low power system activation for smart building.
- Multitarget detection and distance measurement in each zone
- 60 Hz frame rate capability
- Motion indicator for each zone
- 940 nm invisible light
- Ultra-wide FoV and multizone scanning allows content management (load in trucks, tanks, waste bins)
- Applications requiring ultrawide FoV, like smart speakers, vacuum cleaners (three sensors can cover 180° x 60° FoV)
- Gesture recognition with wide field of detection
- Devices requiring ultrawide FoV for user detection to wake-up devices (smart buildings, smart lighting)
- Keystone correction for video projectors
- Robotics applications (SLAM, wall tracking, small object detection, cliff prediction, floor type recognition)
- Augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) enhancement. Dual camera stereoscopy and 3D depth assistance thanks to multizone distance measurement
- IoT (user and object detection)
- Video focus tracking. 60 Hz ranging allows optimization of continuous focus algorithm
VL53L7CX Time-of-Flight 8x8 multizone ranging sensor expansion board for STM32 Nucleo
Ready-to-use VL53L7CX evaluation kit with adjustable cover glass holder and Arduino UNO R3 connectors as well as full system software including code examples and graphical user interface.
STM32 Nucleo pack with VL53L7CX Time-of-Flight expansion board and STM32F4 Nucleo development board
Based on the VL53L7CX evaluation kit (X-NUCLEO-53L7A1), this pack comes with the STM32F4 Nucleo development board (NUCLEO-F401RE) development board. It's an affordable, flexible way to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller.
STM32Cube expansion software for Time-of-Flight sensors
Includes drivers for all ToF sensors, precompiled binaries, example code and sample application to transmit real-time sensor data to a PC.
- The working principle of time-of-flight sensors and when you should consider using them
- Key benefits of using ST's latest FlightSense™ time-of-flight sensors with metasurface technology
- Overview of real-life time-of-flight use cases and global market trends
- How ST's ToF developer resources can help you overcome design challenges and reduce time to market