The ST1S14 is a step-down monolithic power switching regulator able to deliver up to 3 A DC current to the load depending on the application conditions. The high current level is also achieved thanks to a HSOP8 package with exposed frame, that allows to reduce the Rth(JA)down to approximately 40 °C/W. The output voltage can be set from 1.22 V. The device uses an internal N-channel DMOS transistor (with a typical RDS(on)of 200 mΩ) as the switching element to minimize the size of the external components. The internal oscillator fixes the switching frequency at 850 kHz. Power good open collector output validates the regulated output voltage as soon as it reaches the regulation. Pulse-by-pulse current limit offers an effective constant current short-circuit protection. Current foldback decreases overstress in a persistent short-circuit condition.
- 3 A DC output current
- Operating input voltage from 5.5 V to 48 V
- 850 kHz internally fixed switching frequency
- Internal soft-start
- Power good open collector output
- Current mode architecture
- Embedded compensation network
- Zero load current operation
- Internal current limiting
- Inhibit for zero current consumption
- 2 mA maximum quiescent current over temperature range
- 250 mΩ typ. RDS(on)
- Thermal shutdown
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.