STM32Cube is a set of tools and embedded software bricks available free of charge to enable fast and easy development on the STM32 platform which simplifies and speeds up developers’ work.
A large number of code use examples are also included making it even easier to get started.
STM32Cube consists of the following components that can be used together or independently:
- The STM32CubeMX graphical user interface and initialization code generator that:
- Provides graphical wizards to generate initialization C code and includes a utility tool for assisting developers with pin multiplexing, clock tree setting, peripheral configurations and setting up the middleware
- Generates IDE-ready projects for a wide selection of integrated development environment toolchains
- Calculates the power consumption for user-defined application sequences
- Directly imports STM32Cube embedded software libraries from st.com
- Keeps STM32CubeMX software up-to-date thanks to an Integrated updater
- STM32Cube MCU and MPU Packages for each individual STM32 MCU and MPUs series that include:
- The hardware abstraction layer (HAL) enabling portability between different STM32 devices via standardized API calls
- Low-layer (LL) APIs, a light-weight, optimized, expert oriented set of APIs designed for both performance and runtime efficiency
- A collection of middleware components including RTOS, USB library, file system, TCP/IP stack, touch-sensing library or graphics library (depending on the STM32 series)
- For STM32 MPUs only, the BSP drivers are based on HAL drivers and provide an API Set to the evaluation board and 3rd party components.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Rich by its features-set, STM32CubeMX is changing its skin today to provide to the developers an improved access to the Pinout, Peripherals and Middlewares parameters to ease the configuration and optimized the project development time. This new look is also standardizing the User Interface of the different Software Development Tools of the STM32Cube ecosystem.
A new free software from ST, is simplifying development on STM32, through a consistent set of software: STM32CubeMX, software tool on the PC, generating initialization code, and also a collection of embedded software bricks, abstracting the used STM32 and coming with tons of usage examples !
Improved Developer Experience