The STM8 Nucleo-64 boards provide an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new concepts and build prototypes with the LQFP64-packaged STM8 microcontroller, which provides various combinations of performance, power consumption and features.
The Arduino™ Uno V3 connectivity support, and the ST morpho headers allow easy expansion of the Nucleo open development platform functionality with a wide choice of specialized shields.
The STM8 Nucleo-64 boards do not require any separate probe as they integrate the ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger and programmer.
- STM8 microcontroller in LQFP64 package
- Flash memory size:
- 64 Kbytes for STM8L152R8T6
- 128 Kbytes for STM8S208RBT6
- 4 LEDs
- USB communication (LD4)
- 5 V STLINK (LD3)
- User (LD2)
- Power (LD1)
- 2 push-buttons: USER and RESET
- 32.768 kHz LSE crystal oscillator for the NUCLEO-8L152R8 only
- Board expansion connectors:
- Arduino™ Uno V3
- ST morpho extension pin headers for full access to all STM8 I/Os
- Flexible board power-supply:
- USB VBUS or external source (3.3 V, 5 V, 7 - 12 V)
- Power management access point
- On-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger and programmer with SWIM connector
- USB re-enumeration capability. Three different interfaces supported: Virtual COM port, mass storage, debug port
- Comprehensive free software STM8 libraries including a variety of software examples
- Support of a wide choice of Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) including STMicroelectronics free STVD-STM8 (using Cosmic toolchain), IAR™, Cosmic free IDEA
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
Recommended for you
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.