The STM8AF6213, STM8AF6213A, STM8AF6223, STM8AF6223A and STM8AF6226 automotive 8-bit microcontrollers offer 4 to 8 Kbytes of Flash program memory, plus integrated true data EEPROM. The STM8S series and STM8AF series 8-bit microcontrollers reference manual (RM0016) refers to devices in this family as low-density. They provide the following benefits: performance, robustness and reduced system cost.
Device performance and robustness are ensured by advanced core and peripherals made in a state-of-the-art technology, a 16 MHz clock frequency, robust I/Os, independent watchdogs with separate clock source, and a clock security system.
The system cost is reduced thanks to an integrated true data EEPROM for up to 300 k write/erase cycles and a high system integration level with internal clock oscillators, watchdog, and brown-out reset.
Full documentation is offered as well as a wide choice of development tools.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Max fCPU: 16 MHz
- Advanced STM8A core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Extended instruction set
- Program memory: 4 to 8 Kbyte Flash program; data retention 20 years at 55 °C after 1 kcycle
- Data memory: 640 byte true data EEPROM; endurance 300 kcycle
- RAM: 1 Kbyte
- Clock management
- Low-power crystal resonator oscillator with external clock input
- Internal, user-trimmable 16 MHz RC and low-power 128 kHz RC oscillators
- Clock security system with clock monitor
- Reset and supply management
- Wait/auto-wakeup/Halt low-power modes with user definable clock gating
- Low-consumption power-on and power-down reset
- Interrupt management
- Nested interrupt controller with 32 interrupts
- Up to 28 external interrupts on 7 vectors
- Advanced control timer: 16-bit, 4 CAPCOM channels, 3 complementary outputs, dead-time insertion and flexible synchronization
- 16-bit general purpose timer with 3 CAPCOM channels each (IC, OC, PWM)
- 8-bit AR basic timer with 8-bit prescaler
- Auto-wakeup timer
- Window and independent watchdog timers
- Up to 28 I/Os on a 32-pin package including 21 high sink outputs
- Highly robust I/O design, immune against current injection
- Communication interfaces
- LINUART LIN 2.2 compliant, master/slave modes with automatic resynchronization
- SPI interface up to 8 Mbit/s or fMASTER/2
- I2C interface up to 400 Kbit/s
- Analog to digital converter (ADC)
- 10-bit, ± 1 LSB ADC with up to 7 muxed channels + 1 internal channel, scan mode and analog watchdog
- Internal reference voltage measurement
- Operating temperature up to 150 °C
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
Learn the basics of our STM8L series of ultra-low-power microcontrollers !
Get started with ST MCU Finder, the best way to explore the complete portfolio of STM32 ARM® Cortex®-M and STM8 microcontrollers now directly from Windows, Linux or Mac computers.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
RoHS Compliance Grade
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.