HeartKey® brings you our world class expertise in ECG combined with powerful, flexible integration and configuration possibilities to create your optimal product – a suite of medical grade secure health and wellness ECG algorithms in designed to bring Lead I and II, dry electrode ECG to everyday consumer and IoT devices.
HeartKey® brings this world leading and unique capability in a library that can be embedded on ST’s range of MCUs including the STM32.
The Full ECG Algorithm Feature Set Includes the following:
- Signal Conditioning (including Advanced Peak Detect, Advanced Signal Quality, Automated Waveform Detection & Noise Reduction)
- User Verification & Identification
- Heart Rate
- Heart Rate Variability
- Energy Expenditure
- Physiological Stress
- Atrial Fibrillation
The Software Library has received FDA 510k clearance for Signal Conditioning, Heart Rate and Arrhythmia Detection and has been developed, where appropriate, to medical standards (e.g. EC57).
Designed for low power, low memory footprint and available for easy integration to the STM32. ECG software optimized & designed for a wide range of wearables and IoT devices – bringing medical grade accuracy to your Lead I dry electrode application.
Accelerate time to market with a broad ECG feature set, rapid integration, and development support including guidance on dry electrode design & AFE optimization for highest levels of performance and accuracy.
- B-Secur also provides engineering services around their embedded Software:Data Analysis, HW & Engineering Services, Product Testing & Validation.
- Dry Electrode Material Research & Design, Hardware & Schematic reviews, Product Development Support, AFE configuration and optimisaton, ECG Development, ECG Software
Example: Dry Electrode Design
Electrodes facilitate the electro-chemical connection of the skin to the Analogue Front End (AFE).
Typical hospital electrodes use a hydrogel on a silver/silver-chloride material to maximise the signal transfer but this cannot be always practical in regular consumer devices.
Examples of suitable dry electrodes include copper, stainless steel and conductive rubber. Further technical guidance can be provided under NDA.
The Lead 1 setups require at least one lead i.e. two electrodes to connect with the user across the heart. For lead 1 configurations, a third “right leg drive” electrode can be utilised to reduce noise on the signal.
B-Secur have deep expertise in dry electrode design:
50+ years combined in-house experience in hardware and material science, with access to further postgraduate electrode research at NIBEC, located 8 miles away at the University of Ulster
Deep research into key physiological and electrochemical mechanisms governing ECG Signal Acquisition
Ongoing material studies, offering a range of suitable choices in different finishes to meet customer requirements:
- Pure metals
- Conductive inks & transparent coatings
- Carbon loaded plastics
- Plated materials E21
- Conductive textiles
- Plasma coatings
- B-Secur have expertise on a wide range of electrode materials with testing carried out on over 50 materials
B-Secur have developed an electrode characterisation test suite including:
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) sweep tests
- Open-circuit potential measurement
- Noise Artefacts
- Settling Time
- Size/shape/finish analysis
- Available range of test subjects with low to high skin impedance
- These provide our partners with the confidence that their design choices will perform consistently in the field
B-Secur has determined and verified that the FDA-CLEARED HeartKey® fits for customer intended use, environment or application and comply with any applicable standards and with all regulatory, safety and security related requirements concerning B-Secur’s products.
All STs products, technologies, and solutions have been provided on “as is” basis. With respect to FDA-CLEARED HeartKey® software library, ST shall have no liability nor any indemnification obligations hereunder.