STCH03 - flyback converter
The STCH03 current-mode controller is designed for an offline quasi-resonant ZVS (zero-voltage-switching at switch turn-on) flyback converter. It combines a high-performance low-voltage PWM controller chip and a 650V HV start-up cell in the same package. Constant output voltage (CV) regulation loop is achieved by secondary side feedback, while providing constant output current regulation (CC) using primary-sensing feedback.
STD7N65M6 - Power MOSFET
The new MDmesh™ M6 technology incorporates the most recent advancements to the well-known and consolidated MDmesh family of SJ MOSFETs. STMicroelectronics builds on the previous generation of MDmesh devices through its new M6 technology, which combines excellent RDS(on) per area improvement with one of the most effective switching behaviors available, as well as a user-friendly experience for maximum end-application efficiency.
STM32G071KB - high-performance microcontroller
The STM32G071x8/xB mainstream microcontrollers are based on high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M0+ 32-bit RISC core operating at up to 64 MHz frequency. They provide a fully integrated USB Type-C Power Delivery controller ideal for the presented solution.
TCPP01-M12 USB Type-C port protection
The TCPP01-M12 (Type-C port protection) is a single chip solution for USB Type-C port protection that facilitates the migration from USB legacy connectors type-A or type-B to USB Type-C connectors.
ESDA15P60 - TVS diode
The ESDA15P60-1U1M is a unidirectional single line TVS diode designed to protect the power line against EOS and ESD transients.
- USB Type-C connector is a universal ports and ensure reversible plug orientation
- Deliver up to 27W through the USB Power Delivery (PD) profiles while supporting charging algorithms with the Programmable Power Supply (PPS).
- Features adaptive synchronous rectification.
- Thanks to the minimum bill of material, the SL-USBPD27S solution allows to easily design compact and cost-effective adapters.
- Fully re-programmable with STLINK-V3MINI adapter plus the STM32CubeIDE advanced C/C++ platform
| 販売代理店 ||地域||在庫||最小発注数量||パートナー企業リンク|
The STEVAL-USBPD27S is a 27W AC-DC adapter reference design works as USB Power Delivery Provider, with a single USB Type-C port supporting Programmable Power Supply (PPS) and featuring adaptive synchronous rectification. Thanks to a minimal bill of materials, it allows users to easily design compact and cost-effective adapters.
The STEVAL-USBPD27S consist of:
- A Power Section, containing a single-ended flyback converter based on the STD7N65M6 N-channel MDmesh M6 Power MOSFET, and its control stage based on the STCH03 offline PWM controller (placed on a dedicated power control module).
- A Digital Control Section based on the STM32G071KB mainstream Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU with fully integrated USB Type-C Power Delivery controller.
The reference design accepts a wide range of input voltage and delivers two well-regulated fixed PDOs (5V@5A, 9V@3A) and two APDOs (5VProg@5A and 9VProg@3A), finely adjusted to the advertised voltage range (Programmable Power Supply or PPS), thus managing the VCONN, as requested by the USB Power Delivery specification. The adapter meets the most stringent energy saving recommendations (EU CoC – Tier 2 ver. 5 and DOE Level VI) ensuring < 40mW of no-load power consumption. All PDOs are compliant with CoC ver. 5 – Tier 2 and DOE Level VI requirements except the 9VProg@3A APDO, guaranteeing the compliance with the minimum four-point average efficiency in active mode. The system has been tested to verify conducted noise emissions and compliance with the EN55022 (Class B) using standard average detectors, at half and full load with input voltage of 115 VAC and 230 VAC.
Unfortunately, the link you clicked didn't work. Don't worry, here are the steps you can take to get your download started:If you still can't download the software, please reach out to us on the ST Community and we will help you
- Ensure you are using the same browser used to made the initial request
- Check that cookies are allowed in your browser
- Update your browser to its latest version
- Please also note that links forwarded by somebody else will not work
|STSW-USBPD27SFW||Software package for STEVAL-USBPD27S Compact 27W USB Type-C Power Delivery 3.0 adapter||Active|
- USB Power Delivery 3.0 Compliant
- Universal input mains voltage range: 90 VAC to 264 VAC (line frequency: 45 Hz to 65 Hz)
- PD Output:
- Two fixed PDOs: 5V@5A, 9V@3A
- Two APDOs (PPS): 5VProg@5A, 9VProg@3A
- PPS Mode: 20 mV step for CV, 50 mA step for CC
- Output Power: 27 W
- Minimum four-point average efficiency in active mode compliant with CoC ver. 5 – Tier 2 and DOE Level VI requirement
- < 40 mW no-load standby power
- Adaptive Synchronous Rectification controlled by on-board MCU
- Load feed-forward
- OVP, UVP, OC, short-circuit protections
- ESD Protection exceeding IEC61000-4-2 Level 4 on CC lines
- Immunity against surge current on VBUS pin up to 35 A in a 8/20 µs waveform, according to IEC61000-4-5
- Compliant with EN55022 (Class B) standard for conducted noise emissions
- Compact form factor:
- 59x35x21mm dimensions
- Power Density: 10.2 W/inch3
Microcontrollers & Microprocessors
|STM32G071KB||Mainstream Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU with 128 Kbytes of of Flash memory memory, 36 Kbytes RAM, 64 MHz CPU, 4x USART, timers, ADC, DAC, comm. I/F, 1.7-3.6V|
|STCH03||Offline PWM controller for low standby adapters|
|STD7N65M6||N-channel 650 V, 0.91 Ohm typ., 5 A MDmesh M6 Power MOSFET in a DPAK package|
|ESDA15P60-1U1M||High-power transient voltage supressor (TVS)|
|TCPP01-M12||USB Type-C® / Power Delivery向け過電圧保護IC|
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - SL-USBPD27S
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.