The TCPP01-M12 (type-C port protection) is a single chip solution for USB type-C port protection that facilitates the migration from USB legacy connectors type-A or type-B to USB type-C connectors. The TCPP01-M12 features 22 V tolerant ESD protection as per IEC61000-4-2 Level 4 on USB type-C connector communication channel (CC) and VBUS lines. To allow fast certification for USB power delivery, the TCPP01-M12 provides overvoltage protection on CC1 and CC2 pins when these pins are subjected to short circuit with the VBUS pin that may happen when removing the USB type-C cable from its receptacle. For sink applications, TCPP01-M12 triggers an externally programmable N-MOSFET overvoltage protection on VBUS pin when a defective power source applies a voltage higher than selected OVP threshold. Also, the TCPP01-M12 integrates a “dead battery” management logic that is compliant with the USB power delivery specification. The VBUS N-MOSFET load driver can also be used in source applications.
- ESD protection IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 for CC1, CC2 and VBUS (±8 kV contact discharge, ±15 kV air discharge)
- 22 V overvoltage protection on CC lines against short-to-VBUS overvoltage
- Externally programmable Over Voltage Protection on VBUS line
- Integrated VBUS gate driver for external N-MOSFET
- Over temperature protection
- Integrated “dead battery” management
- Open-drain fault reporting
- Low power mode for battery-operated SINK applications
- Operating junction temperature from -40°C to 85°C
- ECOPACK®2 compliant
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Recommended for you
Computers and Peripherals
Home, Building and City Automation
Medical and Healthcare
Point of Sales and Retail Logistics
Power Supplies and Converters
Smart Phones, Tablets and eReaders
In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI)
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.